Henry Clay Frick
In 1908 the Union League Club exhibited paintings from the collection of member Henry Clay Frick, the founder of The Frick Collection. The exhibition attracted more than 5,600 visitors, who received a pamphlet commemorating the event entitled An Exhibition of Paintings from the Collection of Mr. Henry C. Frick. The majority of the pictures shown can be found today adorning the walls of the museum that was once his Fifth Avenue mansion.
View the full text PDF of An Exhibition of Paintings from the Collection of Mr. Henry C. Frick.